Monday, August 22, 2011

Black Saturday, By Kina

The WORST INCIDENT IN NEW ZEALAND’S RELATIONSHIP WITH SAMOA
Saturday the 28th of December 1929. It was a hot, sunny morning when I stepped out into the balcony and was astounded by all the rage and anger coming from the New Zealand police officers as they were firing at the Mau Movement group of Samoa. The Mau Movement was protesting to be true to yourself and was saying “PEACE.” It was terrible as I watched in fear crying for someone to stop it. The police officers killed eight innocent people, who just wanted to walk on the road of Apia doing what’s right and fighting for their country. This fight was happened because an attack by the police to arrest the Mau secretary who was marching in the parade. I felt like a fool because me, myself was from New Zealand.  That is the most worse day I’ve had in my entire life.
By Lomekina Tatafu.

No comments:

Post a Comment